TODAY'S WEATHER IN MAZATLAN

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Spanish Lessons

 
When you live in a foreign country it is much easier if you can speak and write the language.  Although I took Spanish in high school I have was not the best student and have not made much attempt to increase my ability to write and read Spanish, even though I have spent many years traveling to Mexico.  After 3 years of spending a lot of time here in Mexico, dealing with vehicle and home repairs, government offices and city services, I have committed to increasing my ability to understand, speak and read Spanish.  I take lessons from Angel Cruz, a native speaker and excellent teacher.  I take private lessons for $10 (MX pesos) per one hour lesson.  We spend our lessons on grammar and pronunciation as I learn many words while doing business and visiting with Mexican friends.  Angel's home and office are located in an area of the city called Playa Sur.  It is at the opposite end of town from where I live.  I have found good resources online for things such as conjugation of verbs and correct pronunciation.  Looking at the map below our condo is located between number 22 and 23 near the top of the map.  My Spanish class is located near the bottom of the page on Av. Aquiles Serdan just past Av. Miguel Aleman.   Although it is a long way across town it is a beautiful view following the shore line and through the oldest parts of Mazatlan.

 

No comments: